We got them all.
Across the i-lab, Launch Lab and Life Lab, there’s a total of 145 teams in the fall cohort of the Harvard Innovation Labs. The industry breakdown is as follows: 46 health and life sciences ventures, 33 consumer product and services ventures, 33 social impact ventures and 33 technology and B2B ventures.
Here’s the full list of the 145 ventures, a fascinating catalog of ideas and goals (descriptions provided):
Health and Life Sciences
Cancer and HIV
• Aldatu Biosciences is a biotechnology company applying its proprietary genotyping platform — PANDAA — to the development of innovative diagnostics designed to address unmet clinical needs in infectious disease. Aldatu’s lead product is a low-cost HIV-drug-resistance genotyping test designed to guide clinical decision-making in resource-limited healthcare settings.
• General Biotechnologies sources exciting biomedical projects from tech transfer. Our lead program, Nivien Therapeutics, develops small molecules to enhance IO-chemo combos.
• UrSure is an HIV prevention company focused on helping doctors identify which of their patients are not taking their HIV preventive medications.
• Shepherd Therapeutics is a patient-centered biotechnology company aimed at developing drugs and therapies for a portfolio of rare cancers.
• WntRx Pharmaceuticals’ goal is to improve health outcomes for cancer patients by targeting the historically “undruggable” Wnt signaling pathway.
• Akouos is developing novel therapies and delivery systems to prevent hearing loss and restore hearing in genetically-defined patient populations.
• Blue Therapeutics is developing potent, non-addictive painkillers.
• GRO Biosciences produces high-value protein therapeutics in microbes that must traditionally be made inexpensive mammalian systems.
• Octagon Therapeutics has developed a novel screening technology for identifying drug candidates with efficacy against highly resistant bacterial infections.
• Riparian Pharmaceuticals is translating novel biology of the blood vessel wall into new therapeutics to promote vascular health.
Prevention and Diagnosis
• AirCrew develops advanced catalytic materials to address global needs for air purification for residential, industrial, and automotive sectors.
• Arbothera is creating a rapid response platform to combat global infectious diseases by designing “hyper” rational vaccines based on pathogen genomics and host immunological pathways.
• Accure Health is a smart diagnostics company. They develop and integrate miniaturized biosensor technologies and digital healthcare solutions to enable fast, cost-effective, and highly-accurate cancer diagnosis in point-of-care settings, and to facilitate real-time patient monitoring and personalized treatment.
• Blue Skies reduces the health toll of air pollution.
• Day Zero Diagnostics is focused on antibiotic resistance prediction using whole genome sequencing for fast diagnosis of bacterial infections.
• Jane Diagnostics has developed an accurate and affordable point-of-care diagnostic test to rapidly expand access to cervical cancer screening.
• Parsagen Diagnostics is currently developing medical devices focused on Women’s Health.
• PlenOptika is enabling eye care for all with the QuickSee — a simple, affordable device that prescribes eyeglasses at the push of a button.
• PathoVax has developed a vaccine that prevents all cancers caused by HPV, which we are advancing into human clinical trials.
• Vaxess enables next-generation vaccines. The company has advanced two platforms: Matrix, a formulation and drying system that reduces the need for cold storage of vaccines and diagnostics, and Mimix, a sustained-release patch for delivery of vaccines and therapeutics, offering simplified administration and enhanced efficacy.
• Agile Devices aims to transform a wide variety of interventional procedures, resulting in improved patient outcomes and large cost savings.
• AUGMENTx plays a visual mind trick on the brain using augmented reality to accelerate neurological recovery in patients.
• Cellino enables gene therapy companies to deliver gene-editing cargo to cells with ease and exceptional performance.
• Gel4Med focuses on engineering smart materials to solve challenging problems in regenerative medicine.
• Harmonus makes a MRI-guided prostate biopsy system to improve diagnosis and treatment of prostate cancer through visualization and targeting of tumors.
• Lynceus is making ultrasound exams for potentially lethal medical issues so easy that they could be performed by any health care provider instead of a specialist.
• Medical Surface develops innovative coating technologies that improves the biocompatibility and performance of implanted and wearable biosensors/medical devices.
• miniPCR’s mission is to give everyone access to DNA experimentation. Our miniPCR machine enables DNA analysis at a fraction of the cost and through a simple and educational interface.
• Obsidio Medical is restoring health and extending life by stopping unwanted blood flow through vessels anywhere in the body.
• Raiing provides wireless thermometers for continuous temperature monitoring and fertility tracking.
• X-Cor Therapeutics is inventing dialysis for lung function.
• Z Imaging is developing an augmented reality system to help surgeons operate safer and faster.
Digital and Healthcare Technologies
• Apio enables healthcare providers to hire and manage temporary staff in an effective and efficient manner through its proprietary technology.
• Avant-garde Health empowers hospitals and clinicians with information and insights to deliver the highest quality, most cost-effective care.
• Catalog is revolutionizing data storage by harnessing DNA, a material that is one million times more compact and one hundred times longer lasting than contemporary data storage mediums.
• Herald delivers doctors the patient data they need, when they need it.
• Hurt Technologies Inc. is building an AI assistant to drive the use of preventative care to lower healthcare costs for individuals and increase revenue for doctors.
• Immunity Health organizes complex medical data and makes it useful to hospitals and researchers.
• Memora Health is a virtual health coach in your pocket. We help care teams automate patient instructions and FAQ 24/7 and rapidly triage symptoms.
• Nella takes the annoying experience of getting triage advice for acute medical illnesses by putting on-demand access to healthcare in everyone’s hands.
• TetraScience is applying the Internet-of-Things to laboratories.
• Welly connects primary care physicians and specialists to better care for the self-pay patient who is paying for healthcare out-of-pocket.
• XGenomes believes that gene sequencing is critical for sustaining healthy societies, but that current technologies do not meet the required specifications for doing so.
Health and Wellness
• BeBabyFit delivers a digital health platform to planning couples to improve preconception health and improve health outcomes for both the baby and the mother.
• Checkmate is a smartphone app created to both monitor and motivate blood-glucose tracking.
• Gain Life delivers lifestyle-focused digital health coaching to combat serious, but preventable, chronic disease.
Technology and B2B
B2B and Enterprise Teams
• Ace-up aims to be the go-to marketplace for coaches. Our mission is to help coaches develop their business and help people get better coaching.
• Aday is a B2B human resources and operation platform that enables a paradigm to hire, schedule, and train employees.
• Covalent Networks is a web-based platform that administers workforce development programs between employers, educators, and economic development agencies.
• Ditto helps companies use their sales data to find high performing stores, avoid bad ones, and allocate inventory using demographic data.
• Doorbell.me helps apartment building owners improve property income by creating a sense of community for residents through our app and event experiences.
• Evisort is using artificial intelligence to help lawyers organize, manage, and gain insight from their legal documents.
• Experfy is a Big Data and analytics consulting marketplace.
• Faktor is democratizing the hardware product development process by helping independent product companies source engineers and manufacturers.
• FulFill is matching supply and demand of warehousing space in the fragmented EU market and abstraction layer (only one intermediary) for value added services.
• GigLync provides under-served blue collar employees better access to hourly jobs while improving the way employers manage hourly workforce today
• GroupX seeks to make every group fitness class awesome by being the Spotify of workout plans for gyms and their trainers.
• Keyturn is the first and only fully-connected marketplace for the construction supply chain.
• Kimono helps your company outperform by providing sales and marketing benchmarks that show how your competitors go to market.
• Komodo Technologies brings a unique mix of creativity, analytics, and code to help you realize your vision.
• OZÉ is the business advisor in the pocket of every African entrepreneur. It’s a mobile app that turns transactions into business insights.
• StatusQuota provides sales technology tools to help sales reps and executives get more out of the software they use today.
• Suggestion Box provides a digital suggestion box for a company’s employees.
• Tempo is a trusted exchange for sensitive data.
• Torch (formerly Denttia) simplifies the ordering of dental supplies for dentists saving them time and money.
• Waypoint is revolutionizing the way the workforce of the future will capture, distribute and consume knowledge through augmented reality.
• Zoid Domain Awareness analyzes managers’ video feed data and report back to them with meaningful insights.
• AdmitHub makes the college admissions process awesome for everyone involved.
• AirFox reduces the cost of mobile data for consumers by enabling carriers to monetize their data networks.
• Bounce Imaging builds throwable tactical cameras and sensors to keep first responders safe.
• BrandQR takes brands, logos and graphics and turn them into fully functioning QR codes!
• CocoVerse is building molecular visualization software for virtual reality.
• Frank is a personal, no-BS, no-judgment, real-time career mentor that helps college students more successfully navigate the school-to-work transition.
• Julia Computing brings a fresh approach to technical computing, an area that is held hostage by programming languages with designs that are many decades old.
• PayDown builds loan servicing technology for student, home, auto, and personal debt.
• Smarty is an AI-powered assistant for scheduling. It manages your meetings, tasks, and other deadlines while learning how to automate your to-dos.
• Veho Technologies is building software and mobile app that allows anyone to deliver packages in their own car, and enables delivery companies to better manage drivers.
• VeifAI is developing fraud detection using computer vision and machine learning.
• Zoba uses machine learning to predict areas that are at higher risk for crime and terrorism.
• Limitless Laptop is creating the fastest laptop in the world.
• PHIAR combines artificial intelligence and augmented reality into a new form of in-car GPS system for enhanced safety and more intuitive navigation.
• Nix is a consumer diagnostic company currently developing its initial product: a wearable hydration sensor that empowers athletes to manage their hydration status in real-time.
• TarDisk lets you double your onboard MacBook storage by adding 256GB of Secure, Seamless, Storage. A simple, tool‐free hardware platform.
• Jaxxed is a bold fashion accessories brand that supports education and workforce development opportunities for underserved youth.
• Lendelux is a service that allows luxury retail brands to rent high-end merchandise to customers.
• The Wardrobe Essentialist helps professional men make a great impression in today’s meetings, using their wardrobe.
• Unsize eliminates the uncertainty of “Will if fit me?” during the online shopping process through a webapp and connected hardware device.
Food & Agriculture
• Cache Chocolate crafts delicious truffles to delight food lovers and support cacao farming communities. Each box purchased provides one student lunch.
• Growy is empowering individuals to successfully grow their own plants and connect to a network of urban farmers.
• Lazy Bear is a naturally sweet, lightly caffeinated beverage made from ingredients typically viewed as waste in the coffee production process.
• RiceBox delivers snacks and lifestyle items from Asia’s trusted brands to give Asian students cultural comfort.
• Voodles is reinventing dry pasta by making it entirely from vegetables, thereby transforming a high-calorie starch into something light and healthy.
Media and Content
• Janus is a news reading platform that uses machine learning and natural language processing to fact check and identify news bias in articles.
• Credly is a platform for managing and distributing data-rich digital badges representing skills and certifications that are verified by third parties.
• E Pluribus empowers youth to share actionable content on the issues they truly care about.
• Moderator makes it fun and easy for readers to see the same news stories presented multiple ways, showing opinions on all sides of a debate.
• Peek finds all of the events happening (on campus) without subscribing to a single email list.
• RadioPublic helps listeners discover, engage with and reward the creators of podcasts. We are a Public Benefit Corporation, launched with founding partner PRX – the home of Radiotopia, This American Life, The Moth and more.
• Small Batch is a daily world news podcast in 5-ish minutes.
Home and Life
• Arcbazar is the first-of-its-kind crowdsourcing platform for architectural, interior and landscape design projects.
• Cozy Kin is Airbnb plus childcare: families sharing great nannies.
• Forget-Me-Not reminds you of someone’s name by sending a push notification to your phone when that person is nearby.
• Getmii lets users broadcast their needs to people nearby, and connect with the people that can help them best.
• MoneyPlant is offering convenient access to employees’ earned income through affordable short-term loans.
• Nestead builds a mobile inventory of your possessions, so busy households can easily shop online.
• Orca is a travel recommendation company.
• Steele Funeral Service is revolutionizing funeral service by incorporating technology to provide customers with personalization at a price point they can afford.
• Studio Wood is making your furniture smarter.
Sports & Games
• Endorse.gg connects brands to video game players for authentic product sponsorships.
• First Touch is a sophisticated performance optimization tool for teams, clubs, and professional associations built around the companies integrated suite of mobile apps.
• Retroactive sportswear inspired by the 80s and 90s, uses the most advanced materials available and is environmentally and socially sustainable.
• SWEDISH FALL GmbH is striving to take cheerleading sportswear (and shoes) to the next level.
Social Impact, Education and Culture
Social impact and cultural
• Anuel Energy is using crowdfunding to channel energy loans to African households and leveraging mobile money to collect the loan repayments.
• Bluelaces creates immersive, multi-sensory theatrical experiences for people of all ages with autism and other developmental disabilities.
• COCO Music Series aims to desegregate classical music by presenting musicians and composers of color in the classical idiom alongside other genres.
• Coding it Forward inspires and empowers people to use their tech skills for social good.
• Community Collective is a platform connecting friends/family to save as a group to: build savings, access affordable loans, and improve credit scores.
• EasySolar offers a low-cost, portable, solar generator for easy deployment in remote areas that can be used as an easy and quick power source.
• EatWell makes healthy eating more accessible to low-income urban families, reducing cost and inconvenience barriers with a 30 minute one pot meal kit.
• Find Your North uses machine learning to enable job seekers to obtain quick, personalized, affordable and reliable career services, and refer peers for jobs.
• Growing Communities integrates backyard farming technology and a distributed agriculture model to commercially grow vegetables & fish in economically-challenged communities.
• Gusto & Gecko build children’s awareness and empathy for cultures around the world through quirky storytelling.
• Joro uses smartphones as sensors to track individuals’ real-time, granular carbon emissions and make better energy consumption decisions.
• The Mozambique School Lunch Initiative links agricultural investment to school feeding programs to improve food security.
• PERIOD. The Menstrual Movement advances menstrual equity through the global distribution of period products, and the engagement of a global network of campus chapters.
• SEA-CG leverages data science and climate modeling to undertake risk assessments of climate perils where weather measurement infrastructure is limited.
• Skillist connects talented job seekers without four-year degrees to high-paying jobs that value their skills.
• SPOUTS OF WATER (SPOUTS) manufactures and distributes affordable ceramic water filters to improve the access to clean drinking water in Uganda.
• Trey uses data to help high school athletes and their parents successfully navigate college athletic recruiting.
• AllHere is an app that increases K12 school attendance 10% a year by notifying families of student absenteeism and improving family engagement.
• BACprep is the first large-scale provider of affordable test prep services in francophone Africa.
• ClassForward uses its online video platform to provide teachers with evidence-based feedback from instructional coaches.
• Girls Health Champions uses peer-to-peer education to train adolescents in India in critical health topics.
• lehrermarktplatz.de is a sharing-economy platform where teachers can share, sell and buy digital teaching resources such as lesson plans.
• IvyEdge offers virtual workshops and mentorship programs to help students develop their passions through hands-on, project-based learning.
• IvyHurdle is an ed-tech startup that provides elite college counseling at an affordable rate through near-peer mentoring.
• Koru Strategy Group provides customized and data-driven professional learning, strategic planning services, and coaching to schools and districts.
• Likha Collective is an EdTech company that will close the achievement gap using virtual reality to accelerate educator skill and unearth implicit bias and prejudice.
• PANAL teaches you how to start a company, with a personalized road map and curriculum, by doing one.
• Parachute Teachers is creating an on-demand marketplace of part-time teachers to provide flexible human capital to school districts.
• Profilum is a data-based recommendation system that helps parents and teachers select co-curriculum activities to maximize a child’s potential.
• Room2Learn is a design consultancy helping architects design smarter learning spaces using technology and research.
• Sparkle’s product is a STEM toy aimed at girls, intended to give girls an equal opportunity to fall in love with STEM through the power of play.
• StudyBuddy is a mobile app that helps students connect with classmates.
• Trajectory Hope is awakening educators awareness of bias regarding black male identities while shifting their mindsets, to amend school discipline outcomes for them.